PANCAKEs WITH SPIRULINE for a super breakfast!
Pancakes: the real champions breakfast is made with a very special superfoods!
Therefore, in this recipe we present the benefits of spirulina in a multi-protein pancakes that you can easily replicate at home!
Here’s the pancakes recipe and method below
Ingredients (for 25 pancakes approx.)
- 160/170 g of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 225 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 20 g of melted butter
- 3 g of SPIREAT spirulina -blended
How to make the champions’ pancakes?
- Add the salt, baking powder, sugar, egg and melted butter in a bowl, then mix to obtain a smooth mixture, then slowly add the flour to avoid lumps.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the milk over a low flame and add the previously blended SPIREAT spirulina.
- Stir until the spirulina has melted and, finally, pour the milk into the mixture while continuing to mix.
- Lightly butter a pan and pour a ladleful of mixture as soon as the pan becomes hot.
- Then, cook the pancakes on both sides and remove from the pan.
- Then simply fill its according to your taste (we suggest a stuffing with smoked salmon cut into small pieces, sour cream, chives and mint).
What make this pancakes’ recipe so special?
SPIREAT a brand new kind of spirulina that has been recently developed by Scuderia – FF Urban CooLab, which was a historic canteen in the centre of Bologna and now a major hub for innovation for the agri-food sector – featuring urban farming laboratories and food alchemists
You don’t know what spirulina is and not so sure why to use it in your pancakes?
Few good reasons below:
- It is nothing more than a dried biomass from a freshwater microalga.
- it contains all the essential amino acids, it is a rich source of beta-carotene, folic acid and vitamin C,
- its protein intake is three times higher than that of a steak.
SPIREAT, in particular, guarantees:
- 100% biological and sustainable spirulina
- an algae with a more delicate flavor than that already on the market, due to cultivation without additives and preservatives
But innovation doesn’t end there, as the pancakes can be cooked using a PancakeBot , a 3D food printer that makes graphic shapes of your choosing.
Hey, don’t worry! You do not have to 3d printng/cooking them!
Indeed you can also experiment with this recipe at home, while you’ll be interacting with PancakeBot when visiting Maker Faire Rome – The European Edition from 12 to 14
In fact, there will be a large Food Area with coocking showcases, for all the tech foodies, especially the most demanding!
Attention: the collaboration with the Future Food Institute is renewed and, once again, they will present great food inventions!
Enjoy your pancakes and see you at Maker Faire Rome in October!