FOOD: From algae flakes for breakfast to the ULTIMATE InnovatioN, the AreA is getting ready for the Maker Faire Rome.
Area Food is increasingly more exciting with a focus in food startups and agritech projects this year.
With the recent opening of the their research institute at the Scuderia Urban CooLab, Future Food -by Sara Roversi- is experimenting in the heart of Bologna University (world’s oldest university campus).
This Urban CooLab is a place to nourish both body and mind and now it is a permanent, fully functioning laboratory.
Sara Roversi, innovator and curator of the Food Area at #MFR17, presents the upcoming Maker Faire and showcase a wide range of food makers who will be in Rome.
Among these will be:
- Cooki a Bologna based software service dedicated to food service professionals that, only one year later,has gathered a large and loyal following
- DNA phone, a develops and markets innovative solutions for measuring and diagnosing chemical and biological parameters using optical devices integrated with smart and mobile technologies.
- We-Lab, an innovative platform that allows users to construct a DIY lab and to create simple, interactive projects using mobile and smart technology.
After participating in workshops dedicated to the smallest projects, Future Food and We-Lab agreed to collaborate. Sometimes, the most modest projects at the Maker Faire Rome deliver the biggest results!
Together with We- Lab, Sara Roversi will focus on how to recuperating waste and developing a circular economy thanks to:
- Funghi Espresso waste from coffee machines in bars and restaurants to sustainable and naturally grow mushrooms.
- Meraky Design began as a hobby, spawned by a shared passion for recycling small objects and furniture pieces and turning them into something new.
- Italbugs : a capsule containing powdered protein from two different kinds of insects. talbugs capsules contain 75% percent of the daily recommended protein intake.
- Spireat, from Spirufarm, produces 100% organic, Italian spirulina that is sustainably farmed and cultivated using the recuperated thermal energy from biogas..
- Plantui, a domestic use hydroponic garden designed to fit in small spaces,will join The Food Area presenting their work
With so many projects at this year’s edition, who wouldn’t be excited for the future?
Let’s hack food together!
The Future Food Institute, of which Sara Roversi is the mind behind ,is partnering with Maker Faire Rome – The European Edition 4.0 for the curation of the food tech pavillon.
Have you already found out all the makers and exhibitors you can meet at Maker Faire Rome? Have a look here!